A place for all of those recipes I collect as well as a place to document good wines and foods I have tried.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ohhhh the Coffee

Earlier this month I invited myself down to my friends house for a girls night of chatting, drinks, and watching the final episodes of Battlestar Galactica. While there she gave me some wonderful coffee. I have known for some time that she is a coffee snob but she simply lives too far away (1 hour drive) for me to participate in her coffee habit on a regular basis.

But while I was there this last trip I realized what I am missing. The coffee was from Coffee Emergency and it was the Guatemalan Palo Alto Azul. It was great!! It seems I like my coffee stronger than she does and I also like it black. I am not beyond drinking coffee with milk (I prefer soy) and other wonderful flavorings but I also like to the taste of really good coffee without all of the other stuff. 

Here is a link to her blog as it refers to coffee. I will be going over these posts to learn more about not only buying good coffee but also how best to process it. 

The other good news about coffee is the APICS Portland Chapter is going to do a plant tour of Stumptown Roasters in Portland. The good news is there will be a tasting! I have got to get the time off work to go. This will be a good start in researching coffee in the local area.  Here is the info for the tour if you are interested in participating.
Location: 
Stumptown Coffee Roasters
4525 SE Division St.
Portland, OR 97206

Date: May 15th from 1-3pm

Standard Cost:
Members: $5
Non-members: $8
Students: $3

No comments:

Post a Comment